line weight

Hi :) I am using different line types in plan drawing like doted, but when I swop to layout view the line looks solid, and also when I make a preview, does anyone knows why? and how to get around that? thanks :)

If a dotted or dashed line looks continuous in your layout then it is a LTSCALE issue perhaps. This has been discussed many times before. Either look at similar threads listed below or use the Search feature above.

thanks, so far I can understand how to change line type for new lines before making a new line typing in the CELTSCALE and the LTSCALE globally, but how can I change the line weight to selected lines? I tried to select two lines and change the scale by CELTSCALE and LTSCALE, but they dont change. and also I dont quite understand the PSLTSCALE comand, because it only changes either from 0 to 1 value, and I cant see any noticeable changes.

You can read about the PSLTSCALE Sys Var here.

To change the lineweight of a line, select the line and change the lineweight using the lineweight dropdown. Also, regarding display of lineweight, check out the LWEIGHT command.

I guess then this had nothing to do with the actual linetype scale then.

AutoCAD 2010 I see. Isn't there a LWT toggle (button) at the bottom of your screen? It is either On or Off. The lineweights themselves are set in the Properties Manager.

thanks for your help remark, I played around with the PSLTSCALE, CELTSCALE and LTSCALE, now I have a slight understanding on what does what, regarding to solid lines, the problem was that I just had to regenerate, as Lee Mac advised, so thanks guys :)

When Xref a structural drawing (dim=mm) into a Civil drawing (dim=m) with scale to 0.001 to fit the Civil plan. All structural drawing's linetypes shown in solid lines.

How to adjust so that linetypes of the structural drawing can be seen as normal as its drawing but linetypes of Civil drawing are as the same.

Any tip is greatly appreciated.