Problem Pasting To Original Coordinates

Hi everyone!

Im doing this drawing since morning but I havent finish...:(

I want to copy some object from other drawing file, both drawing has the same coordinates, I want to copy and paste to original coordinates but when I execute the "paste to original coordinates", I cannot see the object that I copy from other file.I tried to layer on everything but I could not see, I tried zoom (thinking I just replace it somewhere in the model space) but I could not find...The UCS is correct, UCS World.

I done this procedure:

1. UCS enter W

2. right click, copy w/ base point:0,0

3. select object

**open the other file to transfer**

right click then paste to original coordinates

nothing happen to my drawing..I cannot see the object I copy...please help..thanks..

HAPPY EASTER!!!!

• 2 years later...

Solution found : I have an older drawing in Autocad CIVIL 3D 2010. I opened it in Autocad CIVIL 3D 2012, saved the file, then closed it and re-opened it(this must be done), and I then copied the relevant objects and pasted to original coordinates in the new drawing. The command to paste to original coordinates was now active.

So the problem is actually something to do with file referencing of objects from an older version to a newer version.

Should work for all AutoCADs though.

Hope this helps solve some of your headaches8)