Again about toolpalettes: how to make nice Images of my blocks?

Here I am again,

I need to make images of my blocks so I can use them in the Toolpalettes. (I do not drag blocks in the toolpalette! I need to specify a specific image for shure.)

How do you guys do that? How to make nice images of my blocks? Now I use bmpout and pngout but the blocks' lines are so thin that they are allmost invisible.

Before bmpout / pngout I set the screencolor to 240,240,240 because that is the color of the toolpalette. I thought that would heve a cool look... :oops:

I would like to hear from others how they do these things.

Hopefully I am not going too far...

Not entirely sure I've understood. When you create a block you get the option to create an icon from the block geometry, which will show on your toolpalette. Is this not what you need?

When you create a block you get the option to create an icon from the block geometry, which will show on your toolpalette.

Is that when you drag a block on the palette?

No. When you first create your block, you get the icon option in the dialogue box.

block def.jpg

Ok, I just created a block without the icon option and, when I put it on a tool palette, I still get a lovely little picture. I've tried dragging onto an existing palette and created a new one via DC, same result.

Marco, if you really want to spend alot of time on them you could take a screenshot of your blocks and cut/edit/save them with an image editor (gimp or similar).

Then when you right click your block in the toolpalette you can change the icon in the properties.

First of all: everyone thanks for reply.

Marco, if you really want to spend alot of time on them you could take a screenshot of your blocks and cut/edit/save them with an image editor (gimp or similar).

Then when you right click your block in the toolpalette you can change the icon in the properties.

Yes I know. I tried but thats a lot of work. Thats the reason for me to ask how others do it.

What's wrong with the image ToolPalettes automatically generates?

Alan, in case of a block it can be done but then I have to use the block as it is, I mean as dragged on the palette.

My way of doing things is "wblock" a block, or dynamic block, and then call it from a macro. THis macro calls lisps etc.. A block on a toolpalette cannot be attached to a macro.

Hard to explain but try this: draw a line and drag it to the toolpalette. Then the properties say "use fly out". If no, then you can enter a macro. In case of a block this option is not there.

So I either insert my blocks "as they are, vanilla" or "from a directory called with lisp but with a specified image".

Sorry for my bad explaination.

No. When you first create your block, you get the icon option in the dialogue box.

Attachment 18690

Ehm... no this is not here in my version of AutoCAD. I had a look in 2008 and 2010 but no... You have got LT am I right? Maybe a small difference?

Ok, I just created a block without the icon option and, when I put it on a tool palette, I still get a lovely little picture. I've tried dragging onto an existing palette and created a new one via DC, same result.

If you read above you can see I need the macro's as well...

Anyway... I'll figure it out one day 8)

Thanks all for the replies.