Can I change default action for clicking an object from STRETCH to MOVE?

When I click on a rectangle, dragging the cursor STRETCHES the corner. I want to MOVE the whole rectangle, not STRETCH it, by default. Is this possible?

I may be missing the point of this post, but why don't you use the 'move' command, surely that's why it is there?

If you want to move the rectangle, but not wanting to use the Move command, you will have to hold the Shift button down whilst you click on all four grips, so that they are all highlighted, then the whole lot will move as you drag the cursor.

DragMove.jpg

If you want to move the rectangle, but not wanting to use the Move command, you will have to hold the Shift button down whilst you click on all four grips, so that they are all highlighted, then the whole lot will move as you drag the cursor.

or read my earlier post :D

or read my earlier post :D

It's OK Dave, no need to chide the OP. I was just pointing out a different way that leads to the ability to stretch half a rectangle. Sometimes a useful technique.

StretchHalf.jpg

I'll check what chide means before I comment but in the meantime I have to admit to not knowing about using grips as your last demonstration.

Thanks Pablo, Eldon, Dave...All great techniques in different circumstances. :) Especially glad to know about the two-handled stretch. Stretching by crossing window is always a pain in tight quarters.

Stretching by crossing window is always a pain in tight quarters.

Agreed. That's where a crossing polygon can be a godsend.