Inserting block - taking too much time

Hi, im using autocad 2008.

Im having trouble whilst inserting some blocks. Some blocks take up to 5 mins to insert in my drawing whilst others are almost immediate. The blocks are approximately the same size and im obtaining them from a file on my computer like the others..

i cant explain why it takes soo long to insert some but not others.???? any ideas????

Let me back up a minute.

Where are the blocks stored? Are they on your local drive or a network drive?

What kinds of blocks are these, 2D or 3D or both?

What is the smallest and largest file sizes of your blocks? Are you having problems with blocks that have a large file size?

thankyou for being so prompt....

the blocks are stored on a local drive.

they are 2d and i have just noticed the file sizes are considerably larger then others so it looks like this is the primary reason for the lengthy time it takes to upload.....

therefore, what is the best way to reduce the size of these blocks???.......

Should i open the block file, check its location ie 0,0???? by moving it there it should reduce the size?????

Thanks again.

No this hasnt helped. I purged and audited and the location of the block is at 0,0???????

The block im talking about is text called 'Revision' -

A-FOR CONSTRUCTION-DATE-DRAWN

that i install in my drawing title box. Its size is 1225 kb. Does that seem right??

Sounds like there's something corrupt with the drawing. Open the file, copy everything out @ 0,0,0, paste objects into a new file and save.

I've had to do the same thing before.