Polar Tracking distances in 2011

ajmartiniii

I just upgraded to 2011 from 2010. There is something very annoying when I am in polar tracking mode. It acts like I have polar snap on. Anything I do where the cursor is moving in polar direction (in my case an 45 deg axis) the cursor increments by 1/32".

I have searched every forum I know of and have not seen anything about how to control this or turn it off. I went back to 2010 and it definitely doesn't do this. Again, polar/grid snap is not on!

Has anyone else run into this?

toggle Snap off. That thing is snapping to your grid.

You have to select either Grid or Polar Snap, but you still have to turn SNAP off to get it to stop ratcheting like a three legged cockroach.

Snap is off (F9)

Object Snap is On but doesn't make a difference when off

If I'm not in polar track mode or if I am, but not moving along a polar axis, it increments by 1/32". If I set the units of the drawing from architectural to decimal it is not as bad but still is incrementing (jerky) by some number.

Again, I went back to 2010 with the same settings and this doesn't happen.

Snap is off (F9)

Object Snap is On but doesn't make a difference when off

If I'm not in polar track mode or if I am, but not moving along a polar axis, it increments by 1/32". If I set the units of the drawing from architectural to decimal it is not as bad but still is incrementing (jerky) by some number.

Again, I went back to 2010 with the same settings and this doesn't happen.

Well, I took a shot. Since you mentioned "Polar Snap On" I figured I'd remind about the grid snap.

Sorry, I can't get my 2009 to do that without turning snap on. Maybe somebody will come up with an answer.

It still sound like it is grid snapping. It will still do it along the axis, it just looks smoother because it is going in a straight line. when off axis it ratchets at 90 deg jumps side to side.

Is it the polar tracking angle increment? I just got mine to do it, but it is the polar tracking angle that is making it jump. I have my increment set to 5 deg.