Modefying blocks in several drawings

Luke Montgomery

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum....

I have to finish a set of "As Built" drawings to finish. I have redrawn the main area, but this section of the blue prints show up in several others.... So my question is how can I replace the existing block in all of the other drawings?

I have read a few things on the forum and I'm sure this can be done, but I'm not exactly sure how!!

Please help,

Thanks!!!!

p.s. sorry if I posted in the wrong place

welcome,

there isn't really a wrong area, the main thing is to only post your question once. Most of us visit each sub forum in turn and discover new threads.

One way to do what you want is modify the block in one drawing and then WBLOCK it out so that it can be re-inserted into each of the other drawings. Using the insert command navigate to where you have put your updated block and accept the "redefine?" option when it happens. alternatively you can use design centre to pull the block from the most recently modified drawing.

Having said that, it sounds like you should be using XREFs in the first place so that you only chang it in one place.