Associative hatch

I use AutoCAD LT 11 now but since version 9 all hatches are associative unless I change the associative-box into off. Maybe this associative-thing is a nice tool but my problem is that I cannot change or delete the hatch when it is associative because it forms some kind of 'block' with the surrounding lines. Offcourse I can explode it but than my hatch are just a bunch of lines, not so easy to work with!

Can anyone tell me how to turn this thing of as a standard (so I cannot forget to turn it of) or how to change or delete the hatch when it is associative (like all the hatches in all my old drawings have become...).

Or select the hatch by clicking to the right of the hatch, and moving the mouse to the left, making the selection square green (Dont know if there's a name for this).

Then deselect the one border you have probably selected along with the hatch, and delete it (or type 'HE' / HatchEdit to edit the hatch)

Thanks Remark but that's just what I want to be the standard, while working one easily forget to uncheck the checkbox.

Thanks Eldin, now at least I know how to change the settings AFTERWARDS with the HE-command! One thing, you wrote 'then deselect one border...', how can you deselect? when I select something like you wrote, everything in the selection gets a blue tick and it's all or nothing, cannot deselect.

Thanks Eldin, that'll do the trick!

And thanks again ReMark, I see now what you mean: still associative but no selection of the borders anymore!

Yes, once the box is unchecked and you save the setting it stays that way until you change your mind.

You're entirely welcomed.