PDA

View Full Version : Exploding?

sportsguy0502
21st Apr 2010, 01:46 am
Hey guys, Im not really a beginner, but not an expert on autocad, but i would like to know how to explode an object, like they have it on this weeks image of the week. I cant do it or find out how to, so any help?

JD Mather
21st Apr 2010, 01:51 am
Whatever you do don't use Explode.
Use Move.
Modern CAD programs like Autodesk Inventor have tools for creating exploded views.

sportsguy0502
21st Apr 2010, 02:12 am
JD, thanks for the reply, but i cant find that dialog box on autocad 2011, im not to sure if they have it on there. So can you tell me where i could find that?

JD Mather
21st Apr 2010, 12:51 pm
...i cant find that dialog box on autocad 2011,.... So can you tell me where i could find that?

Modern CAD programs like Autodesk Inventor have tools for creating exploded views.

Not in AutoCAD.

ReMark
21st Apr 2010, 01:07 pm

Is that clearer?

AutoCAD is just a starter program. It isn't designed to be as powerful as Inventor.

MikeScott
21st Apr 2010, 01:32 pm
Hmm.. I wonder if that's something you could make a lisp for, or if it'd need too much tweaking?

Like, pick a centerpoint, then pick the parts (as blocks only), then assign a "MAX TRAVEL" distance and then the program will base the direction of travel on the angle from the centerpoint to the insertion points of the blocks.