Fractions showing up as characters

Back in the day I used to use characters to create fractions somehow.

For instance, [ became 3/4", / became 1/2", etc.

I haven't used that method in a bunch of years and I don't recall how I did it.

The problem is that I am using some old details that I drew that include some of these fractions. They're now simply showing up as the characters ([, /, etc), and I don't know what fractions they are supposed to represent.

Any insight?

Thanks!

For instance, [ became 3/4", / became 1/2", etc.

I haven't used that method in a bunch of years and I don't recall how I did it.

The problem is that I am using some old details that I drew that include some of these fractions. They're now simply showing up as the characters ([, /, etc), and I don't know what fractions they are supposed to represent.

Any insight?

Thanks!

You could pull a Distance on the objects unless you 'sploded 'em because they didn't fit in the first place:lol:, but a faster way might be to download Autodesk TrueView (free) and open the old stuff as their original version or convert them up to your version. I am not sure TrueView will convert forward. Have not needed that trick yet. I'm not on the right computer or I would check.

You could pull a Distance on the objects...

They aren't dimensions. They're just callouts (such as ["dia. drain) lol

I'll take a look at the TrueView thing you mentioned though. Thanks!

Mtext fractions always used to be pretty goofy.. I can recall cutting and pasting with it and it totally ignored the fractions if they had been stacked (autostacked, or manually stacked). I'm not sure how that relates to your situation, unless something is not supporting them the way they used to be handled.

It sounds to me as if you had a customised Font file in the old days. If you can find that file, then you can see all characters as they were. But think of the confusion when you send a drawing out, and the recipient does not have the customised font.

Better all round if you work with a standard font file, then the world can understand your drawings. :D