Need help getting elevation views

lhg07

So I have an enclosed space and I'm trying to get elevation views of the interior walls. So I did the viewport clipping in the viewport and clipped it to where I wanted the elevation, but when I go to render it, it renders as if I didn't clip it and just shows it from the exterior. Please help!

Clips usually work for distance, not closeness. I would put the closest walls on a different layer and turn them off when I rendered, instead of trying to clip them out.

sorry, it is a 3ds max question

Ok, just checking.

Viewport clipping planes are different from Camera clipping planes.

Viewport clipping planes are used in situations when you want to remove objects from view so that you can get in and work on a specific area without having the foreground objects cluttering your view. They have no effect when rendering.

Camera clipping planes are used when rendering and you want to cut away a portion of your model in order to see inside. You set these by selecting your camera and then turning on the Clipping Planes and adjusting the Near and Far values in the Modify Panel.

Untitled-111.jpg

Camera clipping planes are used when rendering and you want to cut away a portion of your model in order to see inside.

Out of curiosity.. does it work like a cutaway, or does it only eliminate entire objects?

It's a clipping plane, so it cuts through any object it passes through. If you want to eliminate entire objects then you would need to put them on a layer and remove that layer from the render.