How to convert model drawing to layout

srinu_vasu38

"exportlayout" is not working. Please see enclosed sketch and explain me in brief. both ways i.e. export model to layout and layout to model

There is no enclosed sketch that I can reference.

I'm not aware of a way to export from model space to a layout. Either you cut & paste or you create a viewport.

Now that you have 9 posts, you are permitted to attach your "sketch".

Exportlayout Not working? Is it simply not working or are the conditions it provides you not what is expected? You need to elaborate a little more.

For EXPORTLAYOUT to work your objects must have been created in your layout. When the command is invoked AutoCAD will bring up the Export Layout to Model Space dialog box where you'll be prompted to save the new drawing you'll be creating using the default name AutoCAD supplies or one of your own choosing. Make sure to take note of where the drawing is being saved as well. Then click on the save button. A message will appear that reads The file was successfully created. Do you want to open it now? Under the message is the path to the file's location. When you open the file, either now or later, all the objects that were in the layout of your previous drawing will now appear in model space in the new drawing. Understand?

Dear sir,

Can u tell how can we convert model to layout drawing and also how to convert layout to model drawing

Try using the CHSPACE command. This will allow you to transfer selected drawing entities from model space to paper space, or the other way around, through a viewport.

Dang! Forgot about CHSPACE. Thank you for the reminder Cad64. You da man!

Check out the CHSPACE command in AutoCAD Help and pay particular attention to the part about Source and Target viewports.

Try using the CHSPACE command. This will allow you to transfer selected drawing entities from model space to paper space, or the other way around, through a viewport.

Doesn't CHSPACE only let you move paperspace objects out of a layout if that's where you are starting from? I was just experimenting and could not select anything in the viewport unless I clicked into it first. Otherwise it ignores the viewport entirely.

Drat, now I can't remember why I thought a member needed more than 9 posts to upload stuff. Guess I will re-read the usage toots.

Doesn't CHSPACE only let you move paperspace objects out of a layout if that's where you are starting from? I was just experimenting and could not select anything in the viewport unless I clicked into it first. Otherwise it ignores the viewport entirely.

CHSPACE lets you move objects from paper space to model space or from model space to paper space through the viewport. But if you want to move objects from model to paper, then yes, you need to double click inside the viewport before initiating the command.

Drat, now I can't remember why I thought a member needed more than 9 posts to upload stuff. Guess I will re-read the usage toots.

You need 10 posts in order to post a link to an external file hosting site or website. But you don't need 10 posts in order to include an image with your post.

CHSPACE lets you move objects from paper space to model space or from model space to paper space through the viewport. But if you want to move objects from model to paper, then yes, you need to double click inside the viewport before initiating the command.

You need 10 posts in order to post a link to an external file hosting site or website. But you don't need 10 posts in order to include an image with your post.

Thanks muchly for the CHSPACE details, I also went and read the AutoCAD Help file of all things.

Yeah, it was the limit on links to places like photobucket that got that stuck in my head.