How add to existing attributes in block?

I have an existing title block with information (Project Name, Dept, Room #, Sheet Name, Drawn By and so on) as attributes. How can I add an additional info (i.e. Location, Sheet X of X) to existing attributes in block? I would need step-by-step instruction, I'm affraid.:oops:

AutoCAD 2010 I see. Good.

Go to your Insert tab, Block panel and click on Block Editor.

When the Edit Block Definition window appears you'll be asked to specify what block to create or edit. Look at the list below and select the block (by name). Then press the OK button.

You have now entered the dreaded Block Editor. Play spooky music here.

I do not know if I have to Attsync or not. I am a newbe in attribute field. Our office contracted out the CAD Standard creation. Now I have to rework them and have a ton of questions. I was always using the attributes in the drawings but I have never created them by myself. Now I am stressed, confused and with a headache.

I made a test block with one attribute and inserted it into my drawing. Then I followed the steps I mentioned above and added a second attribute and saved it. When I inserted the block again the new attribute was present. Not sure what you did or didn't do that the changes were somehow not saved.

After adding the new attribute definition and selecting Close did you see a message box that read The changes you have made have not been saved. What do you want to do? Below this message you would have seen the choices Save the changes to [yourblocknamehere] and Discard the changes and Close the Block Editor. Are you sure you selected the correct one?

it sounds like you do still have to ATTSYNC then. Blocks DO NOT get new attributes added unless you ATTSYNC them. Just type that on the command line and select your block and all should become clear.