Breaking dimension lines

Hello!

I need to break dimension extension lines in 2005 and up.

We started using AutoCAD Mechanical 2000i and Mechanical Desktop 5 BOTH with Power Pack back in '01. Without getting into company politics, I am STILL using Mechanical 2000i Power Pack while everyone else is on 2005 or above. I've used the "amdimbreak" command on thousands of drawings without any complaints from the HIGHER users until recently.

If they open a file I've done in MPP, any dimension breaks show normally. After they have made revisions everything looks fine until the plot. In plot preview the breaks show fine, but, are gone in the plot even tho they still show on the drawing. Since we cannot find the "amdimbreak" command in 2005, they are forced to remove the extension lines, replace them with regular lines and break them where needed to repoduce the breaks.

First. Is this a settings issue in '05 or just plain incompatibility between MMP and '05?

Second. Where is the "amdimbreak" command in '05? If not there, is there a program or routine out there to break extension lines in 2005 and up?

Thank you

Try

dimbreak if it's there. That is the command in plain AutoCAD. Maybe they made it uniform across products since 200i? Just guessing.

if a dim is selected, it'll ask you what should break it, if not select the dim then the breaking object.

I think they had that in 2005. I have no idea if it was in 2000i. Try and see.