Releasing CAD Files

Schumi

I'm not sure if this is the best spot to post this, but I'll give it a shot.

Many of our drawings end up with a fair number of layouts (10-15+) & many layouts have multiple viewports. Each viewport (obviously) shows different elements & may have different layer settings.

By the time a drawing is finished, it typically contains alot of extraneous elements that don't appear on any of the sheets. When we release a CAD file, I'd like to release a "clean" drawing with only those elements that appear on the sheets.

Currently I go through a rather complex procedure, creating a "working layers" layer state for model space, creating a layer state for each layout viewport, cleaning the model space, then restoring all the layout viewports. (Hope that makes at least some sense...) Then I release that "cleaned" file.

There's got to be a better, easier way! I'd love to hear suggestions/comments on this, how others are handling this situation, or redirects to any previous related discussions.

Thanks.

First go to modelspace and Erase the unwanted materials there.

Next, highlight any layout tabs you don't want, right-click and delete those.

Finally.. use the PURGE command.

If you have any layers, blocks, linetypes, etc, left after the purge, it's because you are using them.

Have you tried eTransmit? When we send drawings out we purge all the extra stuff that isn't used, then use eTransmit from the "File" menu.

• 4 weeks later...

Yah . I am telling that the CAD is the best course and also for the usable for the all other person ,,, so i need to post the comment here and also for the important to all others ,,, so , i like to post the comment in this blogs........