Toolpalette needs re-order, why?

Hi all,

Strange thing I have encountered:

I have some custom toolpalettes, nothing special.

Now when I say "move up / down" I can order the way I want.

No big deal either.

But when I exit AutoCAD and then open it again, all is back to where it was: disorder.

Has anyone got a clue why this is not saved?

Also: view options --> Icon with text.... this also is not saved.

I am so sad...:(

1. Are the accessible over the network?
  2. Did you have multiple sessions open when making your changes?

Most important ToolPalettes rule: last out has priority.

Hi Alan,

Are the accessible over the network?

No: local drive like c:\ProgramFiles\Marco\

Did you have multiple sessions open when making your changes?

No, on a empty drawing, I tried a saved drawing, anything. No good either.

Most important ToolPalettes rule: last out has priority.

What do you mean by "last out"? (Cannot understand what this means / Translation bug in my head..?)

I do use toolpalettes in combination with a toolbar. 4 buttons, 4 toolpalettes. The button on the toolbar contains a macro that switches the TP location. This works allright, maybe that is a problem?

Because if I switch from one TP location to another all is messed up.

Alan: I just noticed that the problem is only when I am at home. Now I am at work and the problem is gone... need to investigate !!

Update:

I have found this link:

http://cadit.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/06/managing_your_a_3.html

See the comment nuber 3, I am so sad... :-)

No, I think I need to skip this. I will try to go with ToolpaletteGroups

What do you mean by "last out"? (Cannot understand what this means / Translation bug in my head..?)

If you have separate sessions of AutoCAD open (A & B) and you make edits to the Tool Palettes with session A, then close with session B still open (no edits), when you close session B, it will have priority and nullify all edits made. It's a wonderful pain. That's why I had to have IT remove write access to the Tool Palettes folder from everyone but myself.

On a note of what you are doing. I will say that in '06 and '08, I never saw a problem with the order changing for network TP. However, in '09, when I created all our ToolPalettes it doesn't look the same on my machine as it does on another users.

BTW, I had no idea TPNavigate existed. I'm going to have to pick up my crusade of loading TP Groups automatically (one of only two things I haven't streamlined here).

I always Export and save it (in a communal location).. Everything seems consistent when I do that.

If you have separate sessions of AutoCAD open (A & B) and you make edits to the Tool Palettes with session A, then close with session B still open (no edits), when you close session B, it will have priority and nullify all edits made. It's a wonderful pain. That's why I had to have IT remove write access to the Tool Palettes folder from everyone but myself.

Okay, that I will keep in mind!

BTW, I had no idea TPNavigate existed. I'm going to have to pick up my crusade of loading TP Groups automatically (one of only two things I haven't streamlined here).

Please let me know if you can find a way to "lisp" the groups.

I always Export and save it (in a communal location).. Everything seems consistent when I do that.

Like export and impot per machine?

@ Alan: did you notice my thread here:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47566

I know you did but do you have an idea / opinion?

No, just export. For example if it's a tab called "LIGHTING".. I export it onto (overwriting) the old "LIGHTING" file that's already saved there.

As long as there's only one CAD window open, it'll update that "tab definition".. SAVE THE DRAWING FILE, and then close it. From then on I beleive the tab will be redefined when you start it up again (because it updates from that Tab definition file).

In theory, if you put it on a network resource, it should update everyone else that has that Tab imported on their system, but I've never used it like that.