How to Copy as a block (with all selected external referance and blocks)

Dear all,

Today I face a Problem in AutoCAD 2008.

I am trying to copy some objects from a drawing. In this selection set, there are some objects, external references, and blocks.

I am trying to copy these all type of objects at a time and as a block( b'cos want to pest in another drawing as a block) but external references are not copied (using crtl+shift+c).

:roll: have any solution ??

Regards,

—Sam

- bind the external references first so that they become block in the original drawing, then copy-paste.

or

- attach the external references in the new drawing.

I already Bind external reference, but not copied...

I don't know the reason..

one more thing..

can it not possible without binding. any lisp command or any other method..

Regards,

—Sam

If the External Reference is Binded then it is in fact a Block and it should be copied over like normal - is it?

I doubt that there is a way to copy an External Reference over with the Copy-command because of the nature of External References. It is not hard to insert the External Reference in the new drawing though.

You could explore the Reference Manager, a stand-alone program that you should have installed automatically - look under the Autodesk folder under the Start-menu - there could be a way there to copy the External References.