Block Counting Other Peoples Drawings

Hi,

I have to count up various electrical drawings from many different contractors and architects (light fittings).

The cad blocks are never the same.

Sometimes the items i need to count are not cad blocks but text (ie "G2E" next to a drawn image)

I know i can qselect on text and cad blocks but sometimes this is impossible - due to over 100 variants.

If i explode the cad blocks because they qselect the same i loose the value (i.e they all look the same and are named the same but have different labels or value)

i have started using dataextraction which is very good.

I select the CAD blocks and in the catergory filter, their attribute; and then I select non blocks "Mtext & Text" their contents and value.

I then view the report on the screen and pull off the info i need.

I have now noticed that it is possible to set-up a "LISP" file.

I don't know how these work - but I basically think I could automate this either to a button or on startup.

Either that or I would like "dataextraction" to remember my settings and output to a file.

The thing is - unless you click on the right points you get masses of not needed data.

Can anybody help.