Fonts Hidden

Hi all,

good day, is possible in autocad that an arial narrow fonts will be visible as HIDDEN, i need to be HIDDENed a TEXT to remind or represent as Future of by others on Working Drawings,

or if you have an hidden arial narrow fonts ttf or shx extenstion file that i needed if you can share to me as i apreciated as a big help please.

thanks in advance

Hi ReMark,

thanks for the reply, i need to be visible on hard copy(printed) the text not to hide, only visible as hidden as i mentioned as part of future drawings or existing one,

its funny cause for the first time in in my life that drawing representation will shown hidden lines the future that including annotations,:glare: (see sample image)

in the image may only idea to shown the text as hidden is to use the wipeout on each gap on text so that it will represent as hidden text, but its to hush to do this thing, if ever i can find a text an easier solution or a fonts type that hidden it will be easier i think,o:)

thanks

TEXT HIDDEN LINES.jpg

Do you mean Hidden, as in Hidden lines, or dashed lines, rather than hidden from view?

Yes DANA,

Dashed line text not to be hide from view, sorry for the confusion,:P

Well now that you posted the image above I see what you are talking about. You need a font that is made up of line segments. I don't know of one off hand but if one exists I'm sure someone here will let us know. I'll take a look myself and get back to you if I find something.

I found a font called Screen.shx over at StkYfacE's link. Here is what it looks like:

[ATTACH]19590[/ATTACH]

Yes ReMark,

possible to use it as alternative dash line, can i have the link :)

thank you very much for your help

I found a font called Screen.shx over at StkYfacE's link. Here is what it looks like:

[ATTACH]19590[/ATTACH]

That is pretty close.

I have been looking (not very hard:oops:) for a "Hidden" or "Ghost" font myself. I do a lot of survey drawings that require showing adjacent lots to the client's with the lot lines and record plat info. Those adjacent objects are traditionally shown much lighter than the objects pertinant to the client's lot and dashed lines are pretty standard.

I have been using Cityblueprint for these adjacent fonts since it prints out so light relative to most of the other fonts.

Another option is to put all future objects/text on a separate layer and then set it to print screened in your plot file.

Start with this link. The user ID and Password are shown in red in the first post. Once inside the website scroll down to Screen.shx and then download the font. Place this font in your AutoVAD fonts folder.

Another option is to put all future objects/text on a separate layer and then set it to print screened in your plot file.

Start with this link. The user ID and Password are shown in red in the first post. Once inside the website scroll down to Screen.shx and then download the font. Place this font in your AutoVAD fonts folder.

Arrrrgghh!! Once again bouncing off the limits of LT. Dang it. Layer control manager plot styles are grayed out and all defaulted to Color_7. Phooie, and I thought not having Lisp was a problem.

Borrow an existing plot style, edit it and save it under a new name. Go to the Form View tab > Properties > Screening and try 50% first. See how you like it by doing a text plot (window). Remember to use "Save as" option.

Borrow an existing plot style, edit it and save it under a new name. Go to the Form View tab > Properties > Screening and try 50% first. See how you like it by doing a text plot (window). Remember to use "Save as" option.

Yup, I am experimenting with that now. Unfortunately, my color choices for my civil drawings work great with monochrome.ctb, but get all whacky with the screening. I will have to do some retro set up but it will work.

thx