Disappearing multileaders?

I'm just starting to use proper annotative multileaders, instead of just text with a line going to an appropriate part of the drawing.

Got it all set up nicely and can make annotative multileaders, to my hearts content in model space. But in layouts (paper space) using MVIEW, view ports, they do not appear, the multileaders and the MTEXT with them, are invisible!

They are on the correct layer, nothing is frozen or set not to show, the multileaders are on the same layer as the bulk of my drawing and all of that shows ok.

They will not show and I can't work out why?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

you have the answer (probably) in your first sentence - you use annotative mulitleaders. Which means that you set a scale to your multileader (see in properties) and then you need to set the same scale on your viewport.

you have the answer (probably) in your first sentence - you use annotative mulitleaders. Which means that you set a scale to your multileader (see in properties) and then you need to set the same scale on your viewport.

Ah!!!

Got it thank you.

My annotative multileaders where set to 1:50 and my view port set to 1:100. I thought this would just mean the text would be smaller, but no, it stops the leader from showing.

:)

• 5 years later...

Help! I try it, but it won't work in Layout. Autocad 2016. and can't find this settings where I can change annotative scales!?

I try to put mtex in Layout preview, where I also put dimensions. Thanks

Annotative objects do not work in paperspace unless the annotative scale assigned to them is 1:1. Annotative objects are meant to go in modelspace. Since the annotative scale in paperspace is, 99% of the time 1:1, using annotative objects there is a waste of time and effort. Select an annotative object. Right click it. There should be an item on the right click menu to edit annotative scale. Or, once selected, the annotative scale can be changed on the object properties dialog box. Multiple selections can be edited at the same time. Once again though, putting annotative dimensions and text in paperspace is side stepping the entire design purpose of the annotative object functionality.