labeling in multiple viewports?

I am using Civil 3D 2010 and I am curious if it is possible to label everything in Model space then change the size of the text in each individual viewport? Does that make sense?

Here is what I have been doing:

I draw all of my linework and labeling in model. I will set a layer called "TEXT20" for all of the text that need to appear at a 1"=20' scale. Then I make a layer "TEXT50" for all of the text that appears at 1"=50' scale, etc... Then I layer manage each viewport to freeze the text that I do not need. It works but I am wasting time by labeling the same stuff multiple times.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

You should be using annotative scaling. You write the text once and assign the scales you want it to display at. Then depending on the scale of the viewport only text with that scale will be shown.

Annotative scaling also applies to blocks, hatches and dimensions.

ok thanks. Will this still work if I have multiple viewports with different scales? i.e. I have an overall page at a 1"=100', then a detail page at a 1"=50', and another detail at 1"=10'. Thanks again!

Yes. You can have multiple scales assigned to annotative objects to go with the multiple viewports you will be using.