Creating menus and toolbars

MisterJingles

Hi all

Am I able to create custom Menus in Acad LT?

I ask because Ive created Toolbars successfully, but when I create a menu its nowhere to be found. Is it not possible to do it in LT or am I just not looking for it properly?

Regards

Rob

You created a new menu using the CUIeditor?

You did so in the Partial Customization Files portion of the CUI right?

Did you assign the pull-down menu to a workspace?

Why a menu? Create a new panel. Populate it with your own panels.

and

Did you assign the pull-down menu to a workspace?

Fair enough. To be honest I'm just familiarizing myself with the options before creating anything I intend to work with. I "created" toolbars easily enough, but now after creating a menu or a panel I am not able to locate them.

What Ive tried is going to the custom.ciux of the CUI, I right click on the option EG Panel, and add Panel. I add a few commands to the panel and click OK, but cannot find it. Ive tried the same thing in the Partial Customization Files portion of the CUI with the same result.

Like I said, you need to assign (add) your custom menu to a workspace. This is done in the Workspace Contents pane.

Open your Customization Guide and look at the chapter entitled "Control User Interface Elemensts in the CUI Editor."