Attribute Text Height Change

I am praying someone can help me with this, i will try and expllain as best i can what happened so it might make more sense.

i am working on a P&ID job for a client (please don't stop there i know everyone hates P&ID's :lol: ) and they gave me a set of 8 sheets to do up as P&ID's. so i set up the drawings in 8 seperate A2 title blocks with all the symbols having an attribute to enter the valve number as these are concept drawings and they wanted to make changes to them after i had done the inital layouts for them. so attributes would keep the correct text with the correct valve. they were happy with that.:)

when i came back to said client a couple of days later they had "joined" the 8 drawings to make 1 giant P&ID. :? now they want to be able to print this 1 P&ID (made up of 8 A2 drawings) to an A3 sheet of paper and be able to read the Valve Numbers. :unsure:

i have modified the drawing so that it fits into an A1 title block at some totally random (zoom extents) scale. and the 2.5 high text of the original drawings is JUST readable when preinted to A3. :o i have played with so Mtext in the drawing and it appears "comfortably" readable at a height of 3.5.

so now the problem....

how do i change all the Attributes txt heights to 3.5 and keep the existing field in puts? (i.e. would like to keep all the valve numbers already entered)

what i have tried is as follows;

1) editing the block and changing the attribute height via the properties.

result: only changes newly inserted blocks. not the existing.

2) looked through properties and quick select commands

result: there doesn't seem to be any way to mass select just the attributes and change the properties.

3) BATTMAN command.

result: using ROMAN text style (client std) and it doesn't let me modify the text height for some reason.

3) -ATTEDIT command

result: this works. however there is over 200 attributes that need changing and this is VERY hit and miss due to so much user in put and my very bad typing skills! :lol: that and it is VERY time consuming even if you mass select the attributes.

4) wblock out a block and change the attribute height then reinsert the block redefineing it.

result: only changes newly inserted blocks. not the existing.

5) CADTutor search

Result: this thread! :lol:

i was hopeing there might be someone with an old lisp laying around or know how to easily update the text height of attributes across a drawing.

many thanks in advance!

juat started the -attedit command thing and there is 430+ attributes. not sure how many i have changed so far but i and sick of it already! lol. please help me someone! lol

Ahhhhhh Autosave! :x:x:(:(:(:( it just cancelled my command half way through! now i will have to start from the begining again or select each one individually and change them! :x:(:x:(

ok i finished it with -attedit command.

however it would still be nice if there was a lisp or easier way to do this incase they come back and ask me to change it again (highly likely) or want a different drawing done.

anyone?

one problem of replying to your own questions is that people like me see that you have had replies and assume you are in discussion with somebody so I pass by. In this case I did stop - whether that was good or not.....

Your first choice of just editing the block was the correct one! However, you only got half way through. As you are using 2008 this is what I would do. Open the block with BEDIT (don't double click if as you have attributes) which opens the block editor screen. Modify the attribute height and exit with save. Now the bit you missed. ATTSYNC and chose the recently modified block. This will sync the attributes in all identical blocks, not just future ones.

Obviously this will have to be repeated for each TYPE of block used but at least you don't have to do it to every instance of each block.

Provided I've read your question correctly it was simple :)

Thanks so very much for the reply dave. sorry for the confusion on the thread. i will just edit my original post in the future with updates. :) i had no idea about the ATTSYNC command. :) so thanks for that. but i also need to update my info as i am now using 2010. is it still the same command for that or is there and easier way to achieve the same result now?

thanks again for the reply. :)

I must have been in a hurry typing that message. Old not odd. It is a great program, I've used it for years & one of my many test lisps that I need daily

i had no idea about the ATTSYNC command. :) so thanks for that. but i also need to update my info as i am now using 2010. is it still the same command for that or is there and easier way to achieve the same result now?

thanks again for the reply. :)

ATTSYNC crept up on me too.

I have no idea about 2010 but most commands carry forwards while others come in. Most of the ones I find useful come in very quietly though. :D