a viewing issue

br0604bom

as I am rotating the model round, some of the columns and walls are being erased, almost as if there is an invisible box not allowing it not to be viewed, and they come and go out of view as I rotate the model,

can someone please tell me why this is, if it is some kind of field view or what, and if so can I change the parameters of it?

Thank you very much anyone with an answer

As you can see, I am new to this!!!:oops:

Check your viewpoint location. Is it actually inside the plane of the objects? Do they rotate behind the viewpoint location? If so, zoom out a little.

Check your viewpoint location. Is it actually inside the plane of the objects? Do they rotate behind the viewpoint location? If so, zoom out a little.

I am not sure if they rotate behind the viewpoint location!

what do you mean by 'check viewpoint location'?

but now I have built more,

it seems to be fine and is continually showing everything when I am rotating it,

thank you

I am not sure if they rotate behind the viewpoint location!

If objects pass out of view, or it appears that you pass through surfaces, then you just need to zoom out a little until everything is "In Front" of you.

You can click on "Top" view to see if the whole drawing is on the screen. If something looks like it will rotate off the bottom of the screen then you are "Standing" too close.

It's not really that cut and dried. The bottom of the screen in top view may not be "Exactly" the same as your perspective plane of view, but it is close. It will give you some idea of how close you are standing.

If objects pass out of view, or it appears that you pass through surfaces, then you just need to zoom out a little until everything is "In Front" of you.

You can click on "Top" view to see if the whole drawing is on the screen. If something looks like it will rotate off the bottom of the screen then you are "Standing" too close.

It's not really that cut and dried. The bottom of the screen in top view may not be "Exactly" the same as your perspective plane of view, but it is close. It will give you some idea of how close you are standing.

ok, I think I get what you mean, I think it is fine now, thanks very much

This is a known issue called Camera Clipping Plane.

Here is more from GSU:

http://sketchup.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=36261

Yeah, that too.:wink:

I am not sure the same reason applies when merely orbiting, but it has the same result, so I guess it is the same as when working with a camera position.

It drives me crazy with interior room elevations. You get the weirdest section views of the side walls sometimes.:shock: