Fatal Error - DBX Cas 3 when saving and closing drawing

htan

Hi everyone, :)

I'm new to AutoCAD VBA programing as well as this forum. I have written a program that opens a list of dwgs, plots, pdfs, saves and then closes the drawing. I have distributed this program to my collegues and for a majority of them, the program runs without any issues. However, for two of them, when the code reaches the statements "Thisdrawing.save" and "Thisdrawing.close", the program gets a fatal error. When I click the 'end' button on the error message, I get another message "DBX Case 3". I've tried searching the net for solutions, but can't seem to find an answer or even much on it. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling autocad 2010, but the error still appears. We are using xp operating system. Can anyone tell me what DBX is and whether there's a solution to my problem? Are there some dll's i'm missing??

Thanks heaps in advance.:)

I did not find anything specific to AutoCAD but I did run across this for AutoDesk Impression.

Warning: The fix involves editing the Windows' Registry. Backup the Registry before attempting any edits to it. A wrong entry can render a computer non-bootable.

"Dbx cas 4" error occurs on startup.

If you receive a "dbx cas 4" error when you try to start

Impression, try the following workaround:

1. Go to the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\

(where USERNAME is your Windows login).

2. Find the subfolder that starts with "S-".

Example: S-1-5-21-3747606025-1794718140-643186709-1005

3. Back up the files in the folder.

4. Delete the files in the folder.

5. Run Impression again.

I also read where it might be that when AutoCAD was loaded it copied some files into a shared folder that, in turn, destroyed some links. Are the users who are experiencing problems running other programs that work in conjunction with AutoCAD?