TCOUNT for Sequential Lettering?

Hello all

I'm working on a very long, boring task of re-numbering 164 items in AutoCAD. Lucky me.

To make this go faster, I stumbled on TCOUNT, a frustrating but useful Express tool that lets me add a number prefix, suffix, or over-write to existing MText. The catch is that I'm sequencing by letters, not numbers. My re-labeling will look like this:

1-A, 1-B, 1-C... 1-O; 2-A... 2-O; etc. up to 15-O.

Is there a faster way to do this? The things I'm labeling are clustered by number, then subdivided by letter - so being able to label them in roughly the order shown above would be great. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Tom

Seek and ye shall find. Unfortunately, you did not seek first.

There is an AutoLISP routine written by forum member Lee Mac that might be just what you are looking for. Don't let the name scare you off (NumInc). Look at the examples he's provided and you'll see what I mean (text is an option).

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35234

You can buy Lee a beer the next time he's in town.

...Wow. That thing is phenomenal. For that I'll buy Lee a case of beers. Lee, if you're out there, free case of beer the next time you're in Washington, DC.

I did in fact go searching through the site for quite a bit before posting, but I admit I didn't find this. I think it may be a search term problem; I used the words like "sequential" and "letter" while Lee uses "incremental" and "text." Always difficult to find the right wording.

Thanks again, this is outstanding!

Lee you need a gold coin account, here in AUS we have charity events and often the entry is a gold coin meaning $1 or $2 just think at the rate of your support if people gave a gold coin in a couple of years you could redeem that truck of beer in person.

• 3 years later...
Seek and ye shall find. Unfortunately, you did not seek first.

There is an AutoLISP routine written by forum member Lee Mac that might be just what you are looking for. Don't let the name scare you off (NumInc). Look at the examples he's provided and you'll see what I mean (text is an option).

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35234

You can buy Lee a beer the next time he's in town.

It says the link is not available... Is this LISP still floating around? This would be perfect for labeling my 26 bents (in ABC order) on the bridge I am working on.

I'll let you in on a little secret. Lee Mac's custom lisp routine along with many others he has graciously donated can be found at his website. For your needs start here then when you have a moment give the rest of Lee's programs the once over. You will not be disappointed.

http://lee-mac.com/numinc.html

P.S. - Don't tell anyone at your workplace about the website. They'll think you are a genius finding all these fabulous programs!

I appreciate it ReMark... Lee-Mac will be seeing a donation here soon... The guys in the office are amazed! ;-)

Thank you CADMASTER! :)

I also very much appreciate your complimentary recommendations ReMark, very kind.