Make Layer Off Or Freeze For Ever

How Can I Make Layer Off Or Freeze For Ever In Dwg. File Have Xref. And Is There Any Way To Control Layers Appear Or Disappear In That Dwg. File?

because in structural engineering drawings some times we draw concrete and steel plans in one file and then take it as xref in another files,so for concrete files we don't need steel layers and same for steel files, so i can't delete it but i can make it freeze or off.

thanks for help.

What is VISRETAIN set to? I'd guess that you have it set to 0 - and every time you close then reopen the dwg, the xref layers you want off are back on?

With VISRETAIN set to 1, the layer changes you make in the xrefs within a dwg will be retained.

thanks guys for help.

first for remark i can't make it no plot because i need layers of steel disappear in dwg. files of concrete and for layers of concrete also.

second for chulse VISRETAIN is set to 1 but when i added new layer in xref it open in dwg. file

Why not just make a copy of the xrefed drawing and delete the layer you don't want? Have the original drawing and the drawing without that layer xrefed

Why not just make a copy of the xrefed drawing and delete the layer you don't want? Have the original drawing and the drawing without that layer xrefed

Or just WBLOCK out that layer as a new DWG, then remove it from the original drawing. This way, you won't have it in the file, but can INSERT or XREF it again somewhere down the road if you need it.

If you open layer manager you can manage just your xreffed layers and freeze those within individual dwgs and not have an effect on the original xref dwg file