Drawing staggered and not usual probs

Hello All,

I have been using Autocad Lt 2007 for a few years now and have a small amount of knowledge from some training courses. I use for site layouts. mechanical/electrical drawings etc.

I have a drawing somebody has done some work on in full autocad and passed it onto me. The drawing won't allow me to draw any straight lines. All lines in ortho etc come out stepped.

Even construction lines come out this way. vertical alignment looks worse than horizontal.

i tried adjusting coordinates for x and y axis. as a last ditch attempt and still no good.

I have also gripped whole drawing and tried rotating it but still it won't settle on a straight just steps one way or other.

Any help much appreciated.

This drawing was onverted in dwg truview from 2010 version to my 2007. However other drawings very similar with just a few text lines different converted fine.

My bet is the person who did them originally (doesn't really use CAD) has done something without realising. maybe even shifted it on Z axis??

Cheers,

Colin

Check the properties on one of the lines. The ends of the line should both have a 'Z' elevation of zero.

You can do a precise rotate but first you need to increase the precision on your angle via the Units command.

Check the properties on one of the lines. The ends of the line should both have a 'Z' elevation of zero.

You can do a precise rotate but first you need to increase the precision on your angle via the Units command.

Thanks for the tips.

I have gone in and checked and the z is 0 so nothing there. Howere the x starts and one point and finishes in different on vertical line but angle says 90??

Also when i turn on grid the drawing isn't square to grid

Getting more confused by the minute :?

Is the "stepping" possibly due to the resolution of your display? Once in a while I'll see something similar. If I change the location of what I am viewing on my screen the stepping disappears.

What precision do you have on your angle. Are you using decimal angles?

Is the "stepping" possibly due to the resolution of your display? Once in a while I'll see something similar. If I change the location of what I am viewing on my screen the stepping disappears.

What precision do you have on your angle. Are you using decimal angles?

Thanks for the help.

The angles came out as 90 but thats because the precision was set at 0 where i usually have mine set to 0.00 minimum.

So you have solved it thanks:D

I was tryng to rotate drawing 0.5deg and would step over mark.

Again many thanks. you learn something new everday and was something so simple

I usually hold to a precision of 4 places.

You're entirely welcomed.

Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

Learning something new every day is the primary reason I visit CADTutor. Oh, and the witty reparte too!

I usually hold to a precision of 4 places.

You're entirely welcomed.

Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

Learning something new every day is the primary reason I visit CADTutor. Oh, and the witty reparte too!

Well the drafting is something I intend to do more of and will be moving over to 3D soon as I can fund the uprade. I have a feeling i will be visiting more often!

Cheers

We charge more to answer 3D questions. You'll find the tip charge on the counter.:lol:

:D I will keep it in mind