Standard checking, adding layer labels

Archiman86

Hello,

I am in the process of going through and checking client standards on some 2D autocad drawings. I was wondering if there was a way to create a routine that woould label existing objects with their current layer. I am getting tired of writing by hand. I was wondering if there was a way to: Select and object, then click where you want to place the label, and it draws a text object and leader that is the current layer. Also, it would be nice if it was able to ask the user if that was the correct layer, so that the user could select the correct layer, and it would add an additional text object below with the one it should be on. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I guess the key is, extracting the objects current layer, then asking user if thats the correct layer, and if not then asking to input the correct layer, and then adding an object to drawing where the user selects adn drawing a leader to the center of object.

Thanks in advance,

Dan