my text box turns on its side and sttays there

Hi. i dont know what i have done this time.

I got as far as having a new template everytime and made my own text.

The single line text is fine but the multiline text at first appears horizontal but when I tab on it to make another note ( it is quicker to do it this way) the text box turns on its side. Ok, so I edit the note and tab again and the whole things just stays there and doesnt return to the horizontal place it was before.

So i have to rotate it back manually- and if I try editing it again it still turns on its side.

I have to confess I have not looked through all the notes. Any thoughts?

I am sure it is something really weasely simple- I just can't think what. Anyone have any suggestions, I would so appreciate it.

Alison- Im using autocad 2007.

The first thought is that you have set a Rotation in your Text-style somehow. Take a look there. I can't tell you exactly where since my AutoCAD is down on its luck at the moment (IT-dude says he's on his way:x)

Set the rotation angle to 0 degrees.

There should be 3 options after selecting single line text

Starting point, height, and rotation angle.

Of course, I use 09...but i believe its the same

I am not sure about any of the three answers above

1. re Tiger's answer- Cant find a rotation in text style for multiline text

2 Adamshive's = it is happening in multiline text and not single line

3 ReMark's and if I have- - I could have, but not sure how to check it.

Many thanks for some clues.

I've only had textbook training with 07 so I'm not totally versed, but in multiline just before selecting your "specify opposite corner" point, hit the down arrow on the keyboard to bring up the curser menu (or however you bring up cursor menu) then you can select "Rotation" from that menu.

So it would be something like-

multiline-select starting point-cursor menu>rotation

exampleu.gif

A turned over text displayed upside down can be caused by several reasons in AutoCAD:

1. The "Upside down" effect set in the current text style (STYLE command).
  2. The current USS set in the "backwards" orientation (upside-down).
  3. The current view set in the "backwards" orientation (upside-down).
  4. Text in a block or xref which is inserted as "rotated".
  5. If the text is a dimension text, the dimtext USS may get improperly transferred from a foreign CAD application, or the Text rotation parameter is set (see the dim Properties, Ctrl+1).

adamshive - I just tried that. On the multiline text i had created, the damage was done.

So.. I made new texts and practiced what you demonstrated above (albeit in an the old version 2007) The text does not drop on its side.

so.. I paintbrushed all the ones that were effected and they aren't doing it anymore.

So that is good.

I must have created a glitch!

Thank you for all the ideas which I have had a look at and it could be the other things mentioned too this cold Friday afternoon at the end of May - what better place than to be sat here practicing Autocad. My favourite subject.

I love the British-style spellings and grammar :D but am jealous that here in the states it's still morning while you're going home!!

Too cold in England today? What's the temp?

It's a nice dry, mild, sunny day here in the state of Connecticut (east coast of USA). Couldn't ask for better weather for the start of a holiday weekend.

Maybe you should consider moving to this side of the pond!:lol:

Put it down to my poor spelling and grammar. It is Bank Holiday week end so that is good too. Have a great day .

Remark. I know you , you helped me with templates which I am still developing! It was 30 degrees a couple of days ago but the temperatures have plunged to 12, it feels chilly to me. I did live live the US precisely for the weather in California. Lovely and hot.

Too cold in England today? What's the temp?

It's a nice dry, mild, sunny day here in the state of Connecticut (east coast of USA). Couldn't ask for better weather for the start of a holiday weekend.

Maybe you should consider moving to this side of the pond!:lol:

You're not too far form me- I'm in Eastern PA and it's dreary, grey and humid as all heck here.:sweat: