Is it possible to modify ATTDISP...??

SimonC

Hi,

This may sound like a really crazy request......

I am currently using AutoCAD Electrical 2010 and have multiple blocks for various equipment and connectors on our drawings. What I am required to do is to be able to turn the visibility of the CAT (Catalogue) Attribute on and off for all blocks on drawings.

Is there some way of modifying the ATTDISP utility to accomplish this?

Any Assistance Would Be Greatly Appreciated

Many Thanks

Regards

Simon

Hi ReMark, Pablo

First to apologise for “double posting”, as new to this I was not sure if making a post on one forum would appear on all forums. Both looked as if they may be appropriate sub forums.

Pablo,

BATTMAN is a great function….. However I have been tasked with changing a single attribute that occurs in multiple blocks on a drawing and finding a way of making a components part number visible or invisible within a block, we sometimes have up to 30 blocks within a drawing.

Is there is a group or global BATTMAN function where I can select more than one block?

Many Thanks

'BATTMAN' edits the block definition, so all blocks will be updated once you hit the 'Apply' button

Battman - Invisible.gif

Hi Pablo,

This indeed works where there are multiple blocks that are the same, its the remaining blocks that then need to be individually changed. Of the 30 or so blocks on one of our drawings we may repeat switches and a few other components, unfortunately the majority of blocks are bespoke.

Hi lpseifert,

Dynamic Blocks...??? these are a bit like Area 51 (i know they exist but know very little else :-) )

Dynamic Blocks are blocks on steroids...they can do so much more. For example, a dynamic block can be created that "flips" or "rotates" or is visible in one location but invisible in another. There are many other options that can be assigned to Dynamic Blocks (dynamic size change). Your Help files will provide you with the basic information and don't forget to look in your User's Guide. Also, if you visit the AutoDesk website you may find a tutorial about Dynamic Blocks as well.

Oops. I just noticed that you use ACADE 2010. I just started using the program myself. I believe some, if not many, of the symbol blocks are dynamic.

Dynamic Blocks...??? these are a bit like Area 51 (i know they exist but know very little else :-) )

Attached is a dwg with a Dynamic block with visibility states. Select the block and click on the triangle grip, play around with the different visibility states to get an idea what they're for.

They're easy to create, Bedit an existing block and add a visibility parameter. Then muck around with the visibility states - Upper RH corner in the block editor (Bedit window).

ACAD-DynBlk.dwg

...and you can operate on many blocks at once by opening the properties palette and selecting them all. The 'Custom' property's will be down at the bottom...