Script Writer

Lee Mac

I decided to update my old 'script writer' code to make the program a lot more user friendly.

I realise there is ScriptPro, and I'm obviously not in that league, but this offers an alternative.

WScriptV1-1.png

For those of you who already write their own scripts, this should be quite easy to manipulate.

The user should enter the script line in the space provided at the top of the dialog, using the *file* token in place of the drawing filename.

Subsequently, the user selects a directory (and subdirectories) of drawings to process, and the script is run.

In this way, the user only has to enter the first line of the script, and not worry about typing all the DWG filenames to be processed.

Comments/suggestions are welcome, and if you get stuck with it, let me know.

Lee

Code available here.

Edited by Lee Mac

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• asos2000

• The Buzzard

• jgmechengr19

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lee,

That looks great. I been using the previous version and putting the miles on it. This one makes things a lot easier and I will get much use from it.

Thanks

The Buzzard

Thanks Buzzard,

I'm glad that you find it useful - I wasn't sure how many people were using it, as I had the impression that many perhaps didn't know how to use it - but hopefully this update will make things a lot clearer. Also, this automatically runs the script which takes out a few of the steps :)

Glad you like it,

Lee

I did actually slightly modify this program to include text within the directory section to inform the user as to how many drawings were to be processed, however, I removed it before posting, as, if the user selects a directory with many folders and subfolders, there is a noticeable time delay while the program calculates how many drawings would be processed. And so I wasn't sure whether to add it or not.

Thanks Buzzard,

I'm glad that you find it useful - I wasn't sure how many people were using it, as I had the impression that many perhaps didn't know how to use it - but hopefully this update will make things a lot clearer. Also, this automatically runs the script which takes out a few of the steps :)

Glad you like it,

Lee

I use it to bind multiple drawings often. With the run script button it saves some time there.

The whole operation in one neat package. I have been recommending your previous version to others who look to do multiple tasks. I will be pushing this one now.

I use it to bind multiple drawings often. With the run script button it saves some time there.

The whole operation in one neat package. I have been recommending your previous version to others who look to do multiple tasks. I will be pushing this one now.

Thanks mate, I appreciate it :)

Lee

There are suggestions

See attached

1- To save the used scripts avoiding rewrite the script each time

2- To locate en existing script and read

3- Adding Help button to explain how to write commands in script line and deference between OPEN and _.OPEN (for example) and what we should observe in writing commands.

Thanks for reading these unreasonable suggestions

HasanCAD

WScriptV1-0.png

Don't worry, they are not unreasonable - I actually had a few of those ideas in the pipeline :)

Certainly the idea of saving/loading previous script strings - I agree that a help button would be useful in this case, as this program is not as intuitive to use as some of my previous submissions.

Thanks for the feedback,

Lee

I have updated the first post to Version 1.1, in this version the user can:

• Insert the filename token quickly by pressing the 'Filename' button.

• Instantly clear the Script line by pressing the 'Clear' button.

• Load/Save Script Strings for use between sessions.

Enjoy!

Lee

I have updated the first post to Version 1.1, in this version the user can:

• Insert the filename token quickly by pressing the 'Filename' button.

• Instantly clear the Script line by pressing the 'Clear' button.

• Load/Save Script Strings for use between sessions.

Enjoy!

Lee

Lee,

I downloaded the latest version, But I do not see a Filename button. I assume this might have something to do with deleting the old dcl file?

Hi Buzzard,

The previous DCL file shouldn't affect its running - everything seems fine for me :(

Ill try to download again and see what happens.

Excellent - thats great to hear :thumbsup:

Let me know if you find any quirks with it, or have any suggestions for improvement :)

Thanks,

Lee

works fine for me

Excellent :)

As far as I know, standard DCL doesn't support the combined edit_box / popup_list as you suggest in an earlier post, so I settled with a list_box to display Scripts to load.

Lee