insert or import a pdf file

I get the error message:

Failed to create object. Make sure the object is entered in the system registy.

huh... could be that OLE/PDF is not supported in 2007. Do you have some way to convert the PDF to a TIF or something similar?

The only other thing I know to do is plot the pdf (it is large - 36" x 42"), scan the plot with a large format scanner, and then insert the scanned image. I was hoping to save all those steps.

When I put the error-message in Google there are quite a few answer so if it feels better you are not alone :)

But there are a few solutions presented, try and search and see if you can do anything with them.

2009 was the first and you had to download an add-on (only available to subscription users).

Just save the PDF as an image and import.

Adobe Pro, I don't know about standard, allows you to save a *.pdf as a *.jpg image, and more options for save as.

Just checked Adobe Standard, same save as options including, *.jpg.

I use 2007 as well and I open the PDF with Photoshop and save it to about 300 dpi (so that the file is not too large) jpeg image. Then insert with raster.