X versus Y scale ratio

Coosbaylumber

Am having some trouble in getting the true X versus Y scale ratio in a few drawing to come out correctly. Am using Acad 2008 and transferring certain files over to a computer using Acad 2010 or 2011 now.

The X ratio is smack on, the Y ratio is always too short by about 99 to 98 percent. These figures in run N-S and E-W drections. If on diagonal, it varies between, but not exactly.

Right now solution seems to be 1:1 on X ratio drawings, and 1.02 for the figure on older to newer ratios. Overall, not a lot, but when thinking of 1000 feet in the Y direction, this does show up wrong.

Is this a fluke, to which we have to deal with, or are others experiencing the same then?

Wm.

I have never heard of a scale ratio changing on it own? Are you referring to actual numbers or just the way it "looks" to you.

Are these files your work?

Assuming the scale is off on one axis you can fix by turning into blocks. When you insert a block it gives you the option for non-uniform scale.

Is it possible that your UCS is rotated about the X-axis slightly?

That would cause dimensions to display as you describe. If you use the DIST command is there a Z value?

I have never heard of a scale ratio changing on it own? Are you referring to actual numbers or just the way it "looks" to you.

Are these files your work?

Assuming the scale is off on one axis you can fix by turning into blocks. When you insert a block it gives you the option for non-uniform scale.

I am using the commom system of placing one drawing in to another. If by XREF or by INSERT I still get asked X ratio first, then if same OK or if not, the ratio on the Y axis. I have written down a huge number on some paper, for distance here to there, and then use INQUIERY system to find (per Acad) length from one intersection to another. As numeber always come up short for length by a bit, we then say the Y axis is at 1.02xx ratio, and it fits OK for us. Otherwise we get double lines near edges of new figure.

And for second, the UCS is not rotated, but eventially it will be after things get normalized.

Only seems to happen on the 2008 to later model conversion, not on the R-12 or 2000 up conversions. Hoping here that do not have to reload or review older version first.

Wm.