Advanced Dynamic Block Question

krin2000

I have came to the conclusion that creating Dynamic blocks for the most part are easy. now I need to push it to the next step.

this might be both Lisp and Dynamic block

it is easy to create a dynamic block that you can stretch to set measurements but, I need to create a dynamic block that can stretch along an arc.

it has to let me select the arc, line or poly line to determine the radios.

anyone know? :?

here is a example picture:

dyn block.jpg

Any coding experience?

If you want help, you are going to have to post the block in the picture or some kind of DWG example.

i attached an example drawing.

the top block is the original block i created that stretches in length

i need it to be able to automaticly determin the curve and then stretch alonf the curve.

no coding experience. self tought by help menu on cad r9 in 1996. i can customize everything and do advanced drawings and trouble shouting but no coding and am starting to learn lisp. i would like to learn tho.

DRIVEWAYS.dwg

Hmmm. Not sure if this can be done with the dynamic block system of 2007. What you are trying to do is rotate an item around a variable center point. The center changes as the arc is bent. I dont think 2007 is capable of that. However there is a constraint system added to the dynamic blocks in 2010. using that you may be able to define the variable center point in relation to the bending arc. I haven't tried it as I am short on time today, but it seems theoretcally possible.

Hmmm. Not sure if this can be done with the dynamic block system of 2007. What you are trying to do is rotate an item around a variable center point. The center changes as the arc is bent. I dont think 2007 is capable of that. However there is a constraint system added to the dynamic blocks in 2010. using that you may be able to define the variable center point in relation to the bending arc. I haven't tried it as I am short on time today, but it seems theoretcally possible.

I know I can get this to work it just requires time. Hopefully I can get back to this today and finish it

I know I can get this to work it just requires time. Hopefully I can get back to this today and finish it
I must admit, I'm curious to see you pull it off.

i attached an example drawing.

the top block is the original block i created that stretches in length

i need it to be able to automaticly determin the curve and then stretch alonf the curve.

no coding experience. self tought by help menu on cad r9 in 1996. i can customize everything and do advanced drawings and trouble shouting but no coding and am starting to learn lisp. i would like to learn tho.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for. I'm not done with the block but I don't want to do more if its wrong. I know what people are going to say. "Why visibility instead of doing the math?" Answer: I got lazy!!

_____

The problem with the way I have it set up is you can't set the top arc to any ol'curve. I went by what you have shown in the image above. If I do the math I can probably get it to align with any curve but wont get done today. Not enough time

SAMPLE2.dwg