tidying up a drawing

It does look like portions of your drawing are made up of a multitude of small line segments. Were you planning on using Pedit on them? How did you draw this up to begin with? Did you measure off of something (like a photocopy)?

Perhaps traced an image?

Small segmented lines don't view too well. Pedit 'em.

yeah i took a jpeg and traced it on a new layer. How do you Pedit??

Invoke the Pedit command and use the Join option. Or just use the Join command. The command will take line and arc segments and "join" them into a contiguous polyline.

I need to make this drawing a little more crisp and can't get it to work. Anyone wanna help??

Can't open the drawing, a number of us older forum members don't have 2010.

You should save to an older AutoCAD version for posting; i.e.: although I use '07, I save as 2000 for posting and/or emailing my most trusted clients.

Why don't you define what you mean by "crappy". Post the drawing in 2000 file format and include a revcloud or circle around any portion(s) that meet your "crappy" criteria.

by crappy I mean that the lines on the s themselves are not very smooth. they have a lot of jagged little lines.

sorry I didn't save it as an older file. I am new to AutoCAD as in I just started using it about 3 weeks ago.

by crappy I mean that the lines on the s themselves are not very smooth. they have a lot of jagged little lines.

sorry I didn't save it as an older file. I am new to AutoCAD as in I just started using it about 3 weeks ago.

Relax, save in an older *.dwg format; i.e.: 2000, repost. Not a big deal, we're all learning everyday.

I need to make this drawing a little more crisp and cant get it to work. anyone wanna help??

Pedit, Join, pick plines where the endpoints touch, Spline option.

Pick on the pline for the grips to show, move those to edit further.

shield 1.dwg

Pedit, Join, pick plines where the endpoints touch, Spline option.

Pick on the pline for the grips to show, move those to edit further.

looks a hundred times better then the one I did. Thanks for helping me.

I wasn't getting defensive or anything like that. I just was simply saying I didn't think about that.

if you want to make curves smother go tools- options.

under Display tab you can find resolution options.you have change this to maximum values. i hope it helps

looks a hundred times better then the one I did. Thanks for helping me.

I wasn't getting defensive or anything like that. I just was simply saying I didn't think about that.

I made this on a while back, only had it at work, so I am posting now.

S-MAN-LOGO.dwg