Limit Problems

Coosbaylumber

I know they cause problems, but got a simple drawing via another, done in Turbo-CAD. He is long gone now, and cannot be contacted, but am having some LIMITS problems with his drawing.

If I set the limits to the drawing Acad will ignor them.

I can move and relocate, resize etc, all I want. But cannot Z(oom) it A(ll) It will retain the drawing limits for about ten seconds, then goes beck to what ever was set via TC. I mention this as I can PAN and zoom out or in tight, but never-ever to all. I set new limits and soon as I leave the drawing they then go back to original settings. When I Zoom All, it shows the whole drawing like Extents does.

If I set a new basepoint it will hold only long enoug to get out of the drawing editor. It don't hold either.

I can see the right things, but am I missing something here on the very basic situation. Since version four, I am used to setting a new drawing limits and base point the going on. Is there a system variable that have not used yet in all these years?

Wm.

What are LIMITS currently set to?

Do you know for a fact that the drawing origin is 0,0?

Have you drawn a line, at a diagonal from 0,0 out past what the limits of the upper right hand corner are and then done a Zoom > All?

Well, not a line, but did draw a circle with center at 0,0 and a radius of near to ten units. When Z, A, it shows all of the circle, and likewise all of the linework.

Have also tried Limits on, and off, but no difference. I shifted it vertically numerous units using F8, but at all, the linework snuggles down to the bottom of the viewer like before. As if Acad is confusing A with E.

Wm.