Attributed Block Renumbering

Airco1

I did multiple searches and found a few good lisp files, but none that get me what i need. My company switched over to 2011 yesterday and now my macro that i was using to renumber attributed blocks no longer works. It is a dvb file. I'd look into writing my own program, but i don't have time. i have a set of drawings that needs to leave tomorrow and no way to renumber my point for our total station handheld. Any ideas would be great.

ok here's what i've got. our block is a 9" circle with a vertical cross and two attributed values. One is a discription, and the other is a point number. My old macro used to change the "point number" attribute only so i can do a data extract and keep only the data of Point number, x, y, z, and Description.

none of them changed the "point number" attribute to 1-***(number of blocks). say i have 200 blocks that will represent hangers for supporting pipe from a metal deck, i would renumber the attributed blocks 1-200 and run and "eattext" to perform a data extract to keep the attributes, and the possition of the circle. Then that dxe is converted to a xls, then down to a, csv, then to a txt with ASC-II file and imported into our Total Station Handheld, which converts the txt to a crd file and can then be read and shot by the total station survey equipment to the desired locations on the deck for drilling. Trackin?

Of course they won't, I didn't write them specifically for you. You would need to modify the 'tag' as specified at the top of the code and perhaps other parts to suit your purpose.

thanks for the help, but i figured out the issue. Autodesk doesnt install the VBA enabler. i found i can download it and my old macro works....thank you for you help. perhaps i'll play with your lisp files and see if i can't get them to work .