Measure with "Tadpole" slope

bogdancic26

Hi

I have an old routine that inserts a block (tadpole) and align it to two points.

What I want is to select top of slope and bottom of slope and enter at a certain distance (eg 10 m) that block scaled and aligned to the top of slope, which would command something like "measure" but I want to scale that blocks according to the distance between the two lines.

My knowledge of LISP is not great - I can sometimes see what it's doing and might me able to cut and paste code from one file to another, but as of yet, can't write the code myself.

Another problem is if one of polylines is shorter than the other (as in "test.dwg) block insertion end to end where the shortest.

TADPOLE.DWG

tadpole.lsp

test.dwg

An hour and twenty is not long mate, give the folks some time to roll out of bed - not to mention the americans that have not even gotten to bed yet!

I can give my 2 cents (which are Lisp-free) and suggest you look into the Scale command with the Reference option, perhaps that would help?

If you had of searched the forum first you would have found the answer that auto aligns the tadpoles etc to two polylines works fantastic downloaded from here. So go searching try "batter"

I found two routines approaching what I wanted.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20483&highlight=batter+ticks&page=2 post # 18

Here the problem is that the batter ticks not always align the top of slope to bottom of slope according to the direction of polyline, as shown in the attachment.

The second is http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25747&highlight=batter+ticks.

Here there is the possibility to choose which side I draw the batters ticks but if the bottom of slope and top of slope have different lengths crash and delete polylines.If someone can look and find the answer to any of them to work properly would be perfect and I would be obliged.

Thanks in advance

batters.jpg

• 7 years later...
I changed one of the two routines and now is exactly what I wanted, without having to depend on the meaning of polyline.

Thanks to everyone who helped me.

sorry, lisp newbie here - trying to create some tadpoles without having to insert each one by hand as a block .

• 5 years later...