multiple osnaps

Is it possible to use 2 different osnaps at the same time. For example I want to drawn a line which is parpendicular to another line and passes through its mid point. Can we use both parpendicular and mid point snap at the same time to draw the required line.

Thanks

Of course you can select for all the snaps to be active at the same time, but there seems to be a priority they obey.

The perpendicular snap will show you when the line you are stretching/drawing is in fact, perpendicular to the target line. The midpoint snap will override the perp snap if they are both in the same place, I think. The perp snap will appear only at the point your line intersects at 90 deg. so you have to know what your starting point is already.

Go to Drafting Settings > Polar Tracking...

Turn on Object Snap Tracking, and you need the Polar Angle Measurement set to Relative to Last Segment rather than Absolute, so you can draw perpendicular to a line at any angle.

Invoke the line command, then hover your cursor over the midpoint of the target line, then move the cursor slowly away toward the starting point of your line you want to draw. You should see a tracking vector line appear once you move away from the midpoint. There will be a midpoint snap appear on the original line, but it will change back and forth from midpoint to perpendicular as you drift on and off the pependicular path. Hold it close to a perpendicular path until you reach the begin point of the new line. Click your starting point, then move the cursor back through the midpoint of the first line until you reach the other end point of your new line.

It is a lot easier to do than it is to read, and happens in seconds in real life.

OFFSET? Well, yeah, you can do that too.:wink::P

:) offset works best for me because I don't redefine my method of data entry for one trick and it's not something I recall needing to do more than once in the past year or so.

It opens up another question for me though.. you know how you can use @6

Is there a symbol or shortcut to permit you to enter a relative polar angle instead of an absolute angle?

:) offset works best for me because I don't redefine my method of data entry for one trick and it's not something I recall needing to do more than once in the past year or so.

It opens up another question for me though.. you know how you can use @6

Is there a symbol or shortcut to permit you to enter a relative polar angle instead of an absolute angle?

I don't have to do things like that often either, but polar tracking is a good thing. I have had offset come in with errors in distance by small amounts, dunno what that's about.

Polarmode = absolute, or Polarmode = relative.

Establish the polar tracking vector at 90 deg relative, move the crosshairs along the vector, type 6 and hit enter. The starting point of the line should appear at the desired point.

That is about the shortest cut I can find.