AutoCAD or Revit??

josemukalel

I have been working with AutoCAD last 12years.I used to work with only Architectural Working Drawing.Recently my office start to working with revit for new staffs.and they are saying revit is going to become best.Now i am confused ,i should switch to Revit or should stay in AutoCAD.Please advice me the solution.(I dont have any experience with revit yet.I have to start from begaining)

Revit definately has its perks. Its nice for the fact that you dont have to change a bunch of drawings if you move a window or door. Its definately the way things seem to be going. Bad thing is that the file gets big very fast (20mb or larger is fairly common because everything is in one file such as sheets, views, 3d model, floor plans...) and therefore you may need a hulk of a machine to run it.

Autocad and Revit there are no comparisons, although Autocad ARCHITECTURE with a comparison to revit can be made. Revit is a nice program, it does have its drawbacks like any program. It is always a nice thing to learn. Autocad Architecture might be a good choice, it has the familiar environment of Autocad, plus the BIM capabilities that other softwares are moving into. I would say if your office is moving to Revit, to jump on board and learn what you can. If they are still undecided, take a look at Autocad Architecture as well.

Go for Revit!

I will not say that it's the best. But if you can use both Revit and AutoCAD, you don't have to worry about anything else. It's not that hard to learn anyway.

Hi every one,

Without hesitation, Revit is more easy to learn than autocad architecture.

But I still using Autocad for 2d and sometime 3d.

In my opinion, it is necessary to work with both.

Pascal