How is this created?

Chronos69

Hi, the image I have posted has been taken from www.preconstruct.com and sadly is not my work. However as I am learning 3D studio max at the mo I have been looking for some inspiration of the type of things I can one day hope to achieve. My question about the image posted is, how is this scene achieved? By this I mean, presumably the building has been modelled in a program such as 3D max, but has everything else? Or has the building been photoshopped into an existing photo and then objects such as cars and people been added using photoshop? Or none of these suggestions and it’s something totally different. I don’t know if you can tell for sure unless you created it in the first place, but I just thought I would ask.

Cheers

Dave

School.jpg

That's a real photo of the sky, and probably the background in the distance. In fact, the majority of this image could be an actual photo that was taken of the site and then the building was dropped in. Or the people and cars could have been added in Photoshop, or they could have been included in the rendering as actual models or they could be images that have been mapped to a flat plane or they could be Archvision people. It's very difficult to say exactly what technique was used to create this image. There are many different ways to approach it, depending on your workflow and what assets you have available to you.

Thanks Cad64, so there are plenty of ways in which the scene could have been created. Suppose i best brush up on photoshop aswell then :)

Yes, Photoshop is a very import part of 3D, for doing everything from creating custom textures to doing post processing work to composite your various render passes and add extra content like people, trees, background elements, etc. Or to just touch up your image using different filters or hand painting accents to brighten or darken areas to help draw attention to, or away, from various render elements. Photoshop is an extremely useful tool that I could not live without.

not much of photoshop here, im guessing everything is made in max with help of archvision RPC plugin for trees, ppl and cars. im using this plugin and some that stuff can be found in the lybrary. great plugin btw if your going to do arch visualisations