Set scale of multiple blocks with basepoint?

CADkitt

I was looking for a script that can set the scale of multiple block to 1.

And keep them in-line.

So what the normal scale command does correct I want to do with a value.

The only way to do it now is to do a calculation like:

Scale is: 0.76

scale all to 1/0.76 but since autocad doesn't accept this calculation I have to do it first in the windows calculator and then copy and then adjust the , to . and then scale it...

Well that is even as much work then setting the blocks manual.

I was hoping such a small (as far as I know) script is around the interwebs but could not find it.

scaleerror.jpg

If you select a block, you can just enter the scale in the Properties box - the insertion point doesn't change then. And you can do that for multiple blocks at once, select all and bring up the properties box. Or am I missing something in your question?

If you select a block, you can just enter the scale in the Properties box - the insertion point doesn't change then. And you can do that for multiple blocks at once, select all and bring up the properties box. Or am I missing something in your question?

yes, if you use the properties they all scale from there own insertion point, if you use the normal scale they scale from 1 "base" point. Check my added image.

So you want them to scale from the same basepoint? or do you want them to scale from their own insertion point? Or do you want them to scale from another point all together?

Can't you just use the normal Scale command? Your point about the scale calculation taking as long as scaling each individual one is a stupid one. Moreover in the time you have spent searching the web for such a program you could have made the calculation anyway...

Just use 'cal

Command: sc SCALE
Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 1 found

Select objects:

Specify base point: CEN
of
Specify scale factor or [Copy/Reference] <1.00>: 'CAL
>>>> Expression: 1/.76

Resuming SCALE command.

Specify scale factor or [Copy/Reference] <1.00>: 1.31578947

Can't you just use the normal Scale command? Your point about the scale calculation taking as long as scaling each individual one is a stupid one. Moreover in the time you have spent searching the web for such a program you could have made the calculation anyway...

The problem is this is part of converting drawings from model space to paperspace. And has to be done a gazilion times.

@alanjt

I didn't knew 'cal pretty powerfull stuff! Tnx makes my work again a little better :lol: