marching images

fuccaro

I saw a nice effect: images walking slowly from right to left in a row across the screen. I don't know how this effect is called in English, but I want to reproduce it. I have some limited experience in writing html code and javascript.

So I wrote the code, but the movement is not smooth at all.

I've read that in Flash this is simple, but I anticipate that I will need to often change the images and I try to avoid recompiling the work each time.

Now I think that maybe the javascript approach was not the best solution?

So, to make the long story short: can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

flash can do such types but loading on the website is too important.Why not post here so somebody can help you.

Thanks for your answers!

I spent some time with jQuery. Well, an other language to learn... I think I prefer a shorter way.

Endlasures, what to post here? The family photos?

I spent some time with jQuery. Well, an other language to learn... I think I prefer a shorter way.

I'm not a programmer and I have installed a jQuery module before, it's super easy actually. For instance.... http://malsup.com/jquery/cycle/

It's just a plugin. You link the *.js script file, and make a few modifications to the code (it's all in the tutorial) and it works. Very simple. It took me 15 minutes to figure this out, and I don't claim to know any programming language at all. :)

• 2 weeks later...

yOU CAN ALSO research making animated gifs. Then you can experiment with number of frames, speed of loop etc. Another thing within Javascript is to research the

function blendCham(which)

{

imCham.filters.blendTrans.Apply();

//imCham.src = which;

imCham.src = ('images/mnu_center-bot3b.jpg')

imCham.src = ('images/mnu_center-bot3.jpg')

imCham.src = which;

imCham.filters.blendTrans.Play();

}

//courtesy of chris mcintosh

I think with experimenting, and maybe searching other source code projects like planet-source-code.com, you can modify the alpha blending for an array of images.

You may also check for a 3rd party solution as freeware, or open source.