pattern utility

xlozano

Hi all,

My friend has requested me an utility to help him with the machines he is trying to develop.

The machine pricks any material several times, using a head with several needles along one or two rows.

The machine may have one or two heads.

I want to find him a solution (I guess an lsp utility) to help him distribute the pricks, not only in head design, but also in the speed of the conveyor belt that materials are transported by, so materials have the maximum pricks at maximum speed, which is very important for the final product

I attach a file, which explains better what I need, and explains the different parameters which are needed.

A - distance between pricks (they are not very thick, it can be just a point)

B - distance between rows

C - displacement between pricks (in milimeters or percent, what is easier)

D - number of heads

E - speed of every step (in milimeters, it may vary between 10 to 150mm)

The number of pricks in each row is not important, as the goal is to find a good pattern in a longitudinal axis.

Maybe it would be good to have each step in a different layer, on any other way to help following the different steps.

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

pattern.dwg

Sounds like a CNC meets a sewing machine. Are you going to be working off of an AutoCAD file directly, and you just need the numbers to plug into the device? Or are you going to be drafting the design in AutoCAD and getting the numbers from there?

Hi

The goal is to find the best design of the head and needles distribution, as well as to find the differences between several speeds, it will help to enhance the machine's efficiency

I think a lisp utility is the best, but my level is no as good as to program something like this.

Thanks for your interest!

Ok, so it's not the pattern of pricks you're working on, you're still designing the head, is that correct? And you're just looking for a way to easily calculate the variables from a given needle pattern in the head?

Ok, correct, I couldn't explain it better

As there are some measures we can't change, the ones I have given can be changed, some of them during the manufacture (pricks and head), and some (conveyor belt speed) are always variable using a control panel the machine has.