How to draw a linear dimension in Acad with VBA?

firavolla

A linear dimension is referred to as DimRotated in the VBA api. This is the example used in the Developer Documentation. Is that any help?

DimR.jpg

Yeah! Tried to look inside the help file, but i somehow missed the developer documentation :D.

P.S.: In this example and others, I've seen stuff like point1(0)=0#: what does # do and what does : do?

The # symbolizes a “Double” data type. It is inserted automatically by the VBAIDE. If point1(0)=0.0 is typed in, it will automatically convert to point1(0)=0#

The : allows more than one statement per line of code. so

point1(0)=0#: point1(1)=0#: point1(2)=1#

is valid.

• 3 weeks later...

There are a few times I cheated with AutoCAD because using the COM connection had problems. One decent cheat you can experiment with is the AutoCAD .sendcommand method/ statement. A few times, I actually prefered it, because it was straight forward, and it works in many cases where the traditonal route had to much development time. You can suppress dialogs and other stuff, that can hold up execution. The Sendkeys VB Command is also useful at times