(vl-load-com)

Tharwat

Hi

Could any one inform me what is the usage of

(vl-load-com) 

because some people recommending it in special cases when problem come up.

My regards

Tharwat

This statement enables (load) the Visual LISP extension for language - a set of functions. It is a good practice to place it at the beginning of your distributed code if use such functions. No issues if called more than one time.

Regards,

This statement enables (load) the Visual LISP extension for language - a set of functions. It is a good practice to place it at the beginning of your distributed code if use such functions. No issues if called more than one time.

Thanks msasu.

So .... should we consider it as a broker or the master mind between Visual LISP

and the Language of LISP's codes.

Many Thanks

Tharwat

Tharawat

Run any lisp has this peace of code, the lisp will work normaly

Delete this line then run again, most of lisps ill not run.

Specially lisps which has VL-xxx

Hasan

Straight out of help...

This function loads the extended AutoLISP functions provided with Visual

LISP. The Visual LISP extensions implement ActiveX and AutoCAD reactor

support through AutoLISP, and also provide ActiveX utility and data

conversion functions, dictionary handling functions, and curve

measurement functions.

• 3 weeks later...

As far as i'm aware the un-abbreviated function name is

Visual Lisp-Load-Component Object Model

(COM) is sort of windows general api for windows products

Tharwat, some advice: if in doubt of a function, first look it up in the ACAD Dev Help files.

Your advice is highly appreciated Mr Lee... certainly .

Actually this is my role with functions. But not all the time, me or anyone else could understand things straight from Help files.

For sure, All my acknowledge with Autolisp I got it from Internet, Autocad Help and lots of PDF books, and when I face things that I can not understand, I bring it to Autolisp Forums asking for help, as long as I do not hesitate to help anyone.

That's why, sometimes I am asking poor questions, that couldn't be accepted by you and Mr Alanjt and nor advanced Autolisp experts.

I hope that I would be accepted with my modest information with my soul mates Autolisp and Autocad,and as well in the Forum.

Actually when you reply to one of my Lisp questions and I do not get it well, you sometimes get angry with me.......... but we should WHY ???

That's because you are advanced with Lisp and your codes as well. and it is hard for me and for majority to read or to get the goal of codes, beside that, not all people here asking for programs, mostly asking to learn and getting used to it.

Please accept my direct opinion to points, and I do apologize if my transparency touched any one inside badly before.

Always faithful

Tharwat