Problems logging in

eldon

With the initial box at top right, when I type the first letter of my screen name, my name appears in a drop down. But when I click on it, the password is not automatically filled in.

However, when I get to the next screen which scolds me for not using the correct password, and I type the initial letter of my screen name, and choose it from the drop down, the password IS automatically filled in.

I am using Google Chrome 5.0.375.99 which is set to allow me to save passwords, and it always worked first time previously. Is it me :cry:

Success.jpg

IllegalLogIn.jpg

I tried the same using FireFox and although the password doesn't appear after clicking the name drop-down, it does appear if you then click in the password box. I think it needs to obtain focus before the box is filled.

I just tried the same thing in Chrome but it didn't work :(

On the other hand, count yourself lucky, in IE you don't even get a drop-down for your name!

Edited by CADTutor
Added Chrome test

I tried the same using FireFox and although the password doesn't appear after clicking the name drop-down, it does appear if you then click in the password box. I think it needs to obtain focus before the box is filled.

I just tried the same thing in Chrome but it didn't work :(

On the other hand, count yourself lucky, in IE you don't even get a drop-down for your name!

Firefox did not give me a drop down when I typed 'e', but the password did appear when I clicked the password box. :o I see now why folk stay logged in all day.