Re: Uploaded files. Why don't the "thumbnails" appear?

ReMark

I can get a "list" and I can get "details" but all I get when I ask to see "thumbnails" is a question mark in each box. It doesn't matter if the uploaded file is a bmp, dwg, png, jpg or other. What have I done wrong?:? Or, what box did I not check off?:lol:

Restart computer...?!?!

That's the funniest thing I've read all day!:lol:

You just crack me up!:lol::lol:

You could very well be the last comic standing!:lol::lol::lol:

On the serious side...tried that...did not work.:ouch:

It help me ones when all icons changes to non associate (my term) but was no thumbnail option show this time. Sorry, don't know what to do in this case.

You on Windows 7, just read your comp detail. I am on XP - way behind...

Check this:http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-thumbnail-previews-in-windows-vista-explorer/

To clarify...the thumbnails I am missing are those here at CADTutor when I view files I have uploaded for posting in various threads.

I can get a "list" and I can get "details" but all I get when I ask to see "thumbnails" is a question mark in each box. It doesn't matter if the uploaded file is a bmp, dwg, png, jpg or other. What have I done wrong?:? Or, what box did I not check off?:lol:

Yes, I noticed that too. Not sure what the problem is but it is on my list. I'm investigating...

If you look at your upload manager now, you should see the thumbnails for attachments. Or at least any bitmap attachments. ZIP, DWG files etc. are still displayed with a "?" because thumbnails can't be generated for those file types.

Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks. Will do.

Update.

Well I did check and many images do show up. Mysteriously a number of dwg files do not but I can live with it.

Thanks again David.

Edited by ReMark