What software do you think to draw this..

matttiya88

Hi everyone,

I have a question here.What software do you think to draw the interior design as in the attachment. Is it from autodesk?

test.jpg

Edited by matttiya88

I would like to say that the Viewcube, the Shortcut panel and the X-Y-Z-figure looks like those in Autodesks products - but I have very limited knowledge of how they look in other programs so I will not say anything for certain. Why do you ask?

I would like to say that the Viewcube, the Shortcut panel and the X-Y-Z-figure looks like those in Autodesks products - but I have very limited knowledge of how they look in other programs so I will not say anything for certain. Why do you ask?

Hi tiger n pablo,

Thanks for replying..:) I would like to learn that software to design some simple interior design. It look difficult but I think it would be worth to learn. :(

If you are starting from the beginning and want to do 3D-modelling (which your image is) then I would look into other programs than AutoCAD, such as Inventor, Sold Works and others. Standards AutoCAD are not the ultimate for 3D.

As for it being difficult - it is, but its fun :)

While good advice Tiger that looks like architecture and I would not recommend Inventor or Solidworks for Architectural design. Now for making furniture then yes that can work. And after playing with 2011 I think AutoCAD has finally gotten up with the big boys in general 3D ability.

While good advice Tiger that looks like architecture and I would not recommend Inventor or Solidworks for Architectural design. Now for making furniture then yes that can work. And after playing with 2011 I think AutoCAD has finally gotten up with the big boys in general 3D ability.

True true, SolidWorks and Inventor are more detail modelling. Bodes well for 2011 (not that I can see it in my future for a few years...)

Autocad is great for 3D modelling, and if you want to produce rendered images it works well. But if you want to produce drawings from 3D models Autocad falls down. At this point I too would recommend Revit, Inventor or one of their competing products in the market.

I guess I see AutoCAD as a general 3D design/drafting app. Inventor seems to be a solution from AutoDesk aimed at Solidworks. These seem to be clearly advanced mechanical/industrial design/engineering apps.

• 1 month later...

autocad is ok in 3d it does almost everything the other programmes do but takes three times as long. for something like this solid edge or solid works might be ok to get it started but remmember atht its not just the software when coming to doing 3d drawings buit also your machine. if your machine is to low spec youll never render all that you have in the attachment. also there are addons to autocasd available which will turn autocad into solidworks and more such as grecco or gecco or somethign like that. we use it at work buyt only have the one seat and it runs along side autocad 2011.

Autodesk makes tons of products aimed at specific industries so if there is an industry you want to work in, get the associated product. Autocad will do it and their additions in terms of 3d modeling are bridging gaps. Their addition of free-form tools blends a little bit of 3d studio with plain old acad. While Autocad itself is very versatile, an industry specific product will be much easier. For instance Inventor and Solidworks are great mechanical design packages. Most of their tools would be useless for interior design. Not to say that they can't do it, but its like buying a blackberry to get phone calls. Sure its a phone, but why buy it as a phone :)

There is no doubt that image is a modeling from an autodesk product, which one is very hard to tell since the "steering wheel" and view cube are native to most autodesk products since i think 09 or 10.